Rockstor as a Cloud and Storage platform enables hackers, makers/re-distributors, and DIYers to build completely custom solutions. Storage is an essential part of most software and hardware projects – be it an embedded project or a web application, but options for a robust storage layer with complete control are limited.
With Rockstor as a platform, you can:
- Build you own custom installer via our open source Installer Recipe.
- Build your own dependable storage platform with ease.
- Run on almost any hardware or hypervisor.
- Use our APIs to provision resources on demand.
- Take full advantage of BTRFS and customize it to your needs.
- Join our community forum with strong hacker presence and benefit from knowledge sharing.
Rockstor Traditional NAS Server is the recommended solution if you need a robust NAS server without bells and whistles. It allows you to access centralized storage over the network (NAS). While Linux has become the best platform for many things, with great filesystems, it has until recently lacked one like NetApp’s WAFL or Sun’s ZFS. BTRFS is rapidly filling that void by offering many great features.
With Rockstor as your NAS Server, you can:
- Use the capabilities and amazing feature-set of BTRFS without being a seasoned Linux professional.
- Realize the full potential of BTRFS as a NAS file-system.
- Enjoy the benefits of BTRFS while easily managing everything from Rockstor’s Web-User Interface.
Rockstor Small and Midsize Business (SMB) Cloud Server is the recommended solution for organizations with several hundred Terabytes of capacity requirement. Your organization may rely on expensive public cloud storage and also store a lot of data locally causing you to switch between local and cloud and ultimately resulting in inefficiency and loss of productivity.
With Rockstor as your Cloud Server, you can:
- Build your Private Cloud Storage and empower your organization with a hybrid workflow leveraging the best of both public and private cloud storage.
- Seamlessly integrate with public cloud storage resulting in efficiency and lower operating cost.
- Scale your storage needs with low incremental cost.
- Manage your storage with little to no IT experience.
Rockstor Personal Cloud Server is a powerful local alternative to public cloud storage that mitigates the cost and risks of public cloud storage. A lot of important data is stored on laptops, desktops, mobile devices, external hard-drives and various cloud storage services and the data footprint continues to increase as users generate and access more data.
With Rockstor as your Personal Cloud Server, you can:
- Reduce cost of storing large amounts of data.
- Effectively scale capacity, manage privacy and performance.
- Access data from desktops, laptop or mobile devices from anywhere(inside and outside of your local network).
- Move data between public cloud, Rockstor and your devices.
- Protect data from theft, loss or unintentional access.
Click icons to browse, (Docs) for details, or use List View
Rockstor is a Linux and BTRFS powered storage operating system with advanced NAS and Cloud Storage features.