Rockstor supports making Shares available to SMB and CIFS clients via Samba software suite. Samba service must be turned on before exposing shares.
View Samba Export¶
If you already have Samba exports created, you can see them displayed in a table.
All the details about the samba export are present in the table. Here is what the columns in the table mean:
- Name of the share -> Share which is exported.
- Browsable -> Is the Share browsable by everyone? yes/no
- Guest Ok -> Are Guests Ok to access the share? yes/no
- Read only -> Is the Share Read only?
- Admin Users -> Users who have administrative access to the Share.
- Comments -> Comments related to particular samba export.
- Actions -> To delete the Samba Export.
To disable Samba/CIFS access, go to the Samba view as before, and click on the trash icon for the appropriate share to delete the Samba export for that share.